Last night as I was starting a new print (AA battery storage box) the printer started making a chunking noise at the extruder and the filament stopped coming out. OUCH! I unloaded the filament and tried clearing the nozzle with a 0.4mm needle but, as I suspected, that didn't fix it. I used a bit of filament to probe the extruder and found that it seemed to stop just above the heatbreak. As it was late I just turned everything off and went to bed.
I wanted to post a picture of the new toy. As I said, it's an Original Prusa I3 MK2 (http://www.prusa3d.com/) from the Czech Republic. My current project is printing ice cream cone holders for a local ice cream shop.
We have just returned from a week at the beach so I didn't get much programming done but ... I have made huge progress getting the Raspberry PI set up as a scanner monitor. AND, I'm making progress using it as a controller for the scanner. I've also learned a lot about the modules io, and termios.
As soon as I get something to show I'll post it here.
I just picked up a pound of coffee from Redding Roasters. Wow! It's a Sulawesi Toraja from Indonesia. Even when brewed in my Keurig it has a very deep taste with great mouth feel. I wanted another cup almost immediately. Yum!
I've been playing with adding modules to Drupal. @font-your-face gives you the ability to easily add your own fonts as well as choose from other sources. I've started using some fonts from Google Fonts and I hope the site looks a bit spiffier.
Wow! Big change .. really big change! I hope you like it.
I have spent the past few days learning the ins and outs of Drupal and all that goes with it. It's quite a system and very powerful. And I have had a great time so far. It's a lot of work, though and not for the faint of heart.
The theme I'm using is a subtheme of Zen. I tried out a few others, especially Omega, but setlled on Zen. It definitely needs some more customization but everything I've done so far has been in CSS (actually SASS which makes it much more manageable.